Monday, April 28, 2014

Guest Chef is COMING!!

Getting back in the swing of the last 6 weeks had it's challenges today but also an awesome surprise as well. My former student Micheal came by to tell me that he had a great opportunity to get the students a back of the house tour at Macaroni Grill.  My eyes lit up like a Christmas tree until I realized that there isn't enough time to write up paperwork and secure transportation with our new 60 day policy BUT... that never stopped me from thinking about a "way to make it work". Micheal's dad recently took a position at the grill and has a vested interest in making a community connection to his restaurant. I thought this would be a perfect win win situation if I can coordinate a guest chef opportunity under the demo mirrors of my room.  I threw the idea out to my students and they thought it would also make a GREAT program promotional commercial for CFS on our school daily TV announcement show. I agree! SO I'm off to make a new community connection and find a camera crew! Maybe I can even enlist the help of our Central Film Institute kids... oh the possibilities. How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment